Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snow Can Be Annoying


         It has snowed again today but it is an irritating snow. It’s not deep enough to do anything fun like sledding or building a snow man. It’s just a little powder sprinkled here and there. Just enough to freeze over night and make you fear for your life when you go out to your car. The snow came pretty fast. Yesterday it was near forty degrees and today it’s in the teens  Not matter how long I’ve lived here I don’t like the cold and just can’t get used to it. What’s even crazier than the temperatures is the people. There’s always someone out walking to school in shorts or a tee shirt. Heck  I’ve even seen someone in flip flops  That reminds me of what people do in, I think Switzerland? A few people with their friends sit in a sauna for a while and then run outside and jump into a freezing lake or something crazy. It’s really amazing what the human body can do. See, if I tried that I’d probably die of shock.
        Of course I don’t want a big snow to come and dump two or three feet on us. However, the weather just jumps around and sometimes it’s annoying. One week you wake up and breath in the fresh air and know that spring is on the way. The next, that red stuff in the thermometer is dropping like my chances of finding a date to homecoming. You never know what the weather’s going to do next week. Honestly, I don’t know how the weather men and women do it  (Yeah I know how they do it smartypants but you know what I mean)
       This winter has been weird. We had one big show storm in December but that was it. We are almost through January which is supposed to be the coldest and most snowy month of the year but we’ve got almost nothing  I walk home from school and I here birds chirping like it’s spring  That can’t be normal. Oh well, with my luck next winter we’ll just have a crazy snowy cold winter. Of course I said the same thing last year.....and the year before that....
(367 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment