Monday, April 29, 2013

The Senses

Yay! I’m carrying on the poems and rhymes for poetry month. This next poem isn’t meant to mean really anything. I just started with the sound of bells and when I think bells I think of a church. So, that’s how I ended writing a poem about church. I’m being serious here, there’s no meaning to it. I just wrote and ended up with this. I hope someone likes it. Whenever I write about religion I’m always nervous about accidentally offending someone. Please don’t be mad if that’s the case :(

 
Hear the bell ding
Watch the choir sing
Smell old moth balls
Walk the long dark halls
Hear the sermon sound
Watch the tight fist pound
Smell the musty wood
Go to where he stood
Hear the people chant
Watch the joy they grant
Smell the tears that roll
Seek to cleanse the soul
Hear the joyous cry of amen
Watch empty pews where they’d been
Smell the sense of relief
Bask in constant belief
Hear the bread break
Watch them cut cake
Smell the coffee bitter
Walk to join the twitter
Hear the old door close
Watch them end their throes
Smell the blowing fresh air
Find your happiness there
(201 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment